Are you looking for the best museums for kids in New York City? No worries, we got you covered. New York is the dream city for you if you like museums and they have a great selection even for kids. Here are our top museum picks for your little ones to enjoy.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
Ripley’s Believe It or Not is the most fun and weird museum for kids in NYC. This museum in New York has over 500 unbelievable objects, such as an albino giraffe, a statue of the world’s longest man, shrunken heads, and much more. You will not regret bringing your kids here!
American Museum of Natural History
This is the most famous and popular museum for kids in New York City. Here you can see the Hall of Dinosaurs, the giant blue whale, and the Hall of North American Mammals. Your kids also might recognize this museum from the movie Night at the Museum that took place here.
Here you kids get to “meet” superheroes and celebrities. Madame Tussauds is a museum filled with life-size wax figures of actors, artists, and political leaders but also superheroes like Spiderman and the Hulk. Madame Tussauds is a great museum for the whole family.
More museums for kids in New York
- American Museum of Natural History
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
- Madame Tussauds
- New York Transit Museum
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
- Spyscape Museum
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Children’s Museum of the Arts
- Staten Island Children’s Museum
- Sugar Hill Children’s Museum of Art and Storytelling
- Jewish Children’s Museum
- New York Hall of Science
- Museum of Mathematics (MoMath)
- Liberty Science Center
- Bronx Children’s Museum
- New York City Fire Museum
- Long Island Children’s Museum